Everything your family needs to start playing piano.
If you’re looking at a piano for the whole family, the Roland RP701 is the perfect package. Sound quality and keyboard feel are the two most important factors when learning to play, and this affordable digital instrument offers bright, rich tone courtesy of Roland’s SuperNATURAL Piano technology, plus our highly playable PHA-4 Standard keyboard for the authentic feel of an acoustic piano.
The RP701 is also designed to be so intuitive to use that even younger players can jump in right away. Easy-to-read icons and a clutter-free front panel ensure that the focus is on playing and enjoyment, not reading the owner’s manual. And with built-in Bluetooth connectivity for streaming music from your smartphone and accessing a world of apps, there’s always something new to try and keep everyone motivated. Fill the room with music via the powerful onboard speakers, sharpen your skills in private with immersive Headphones 3D Ambience, or simply appreciate the traditional look of a high-class piano that brings a note of sophistication to your home.
Whether you’d like your children to learn or you’re returning to the piano yourself, the RP701 has the sound, feel, and looks for the whole family to enjoy.
Easy to operate. Intuitive to play.
The RP701’s simple controls and friendly icons make it easy for younger players to access all the basics on their own—without you standing over them. From 300-plus onboard songs and a practice-friendly metronome to recording functions and app connectivity, it’s all right under the fingers. Sit down and enjoy rich, powerful sound from the twin speakers. Or when you want to focus on playing without distractions, simply slide the keyboard lid to hide the control panel, connect headphones, and lose yourself in Headphones 3D Ambience that surrounds you with warm, evocative piano sound.
An elegant design that matches your home.
If you’re drawn to the classic contours of an acoustic piano, the RP701 will appeal to you. Influenced by the award-winning design of Roland’s high-end LX and HP series, the sophisticated cabinet blends curves and straight lines, with slim front legs that complete the visual statement. Available in four finishes, the RP701 blends into a wide variety of room styles. Try soothing and subtle dark rosewood, or a light oak finish with its fusion of elegant oak grain and fashionable greige accents. Or just keep it classic with the striking white or contemporary black options.
Fast-track learning with apps and Bluetooth.
Great digital pianos include features that keep the whole family interested, so everyone’s more likely to keep playing. Using Bluetooth audio, you can connect to your tablet or smartphone, stream music through the RP701’s speakers or headphones, and then play along with your favorite artists. And with Bluetooth MIDI, it’s simple to explore online teaching platforms like Skoove or try Roland’s Piano Every Day app, which automatically records your performance for self-assessment and challenges you to learn a new piece with the One Week Master program.
- Keyboard: 88 Keys (PHA-4 Standard Keyboard with Escapement and Ivory Feel)
- Touch Sensitivity: Key Touch: 100 types, fixed touch Hammer Response: 10 types
- Keyboard Mode: Whole, Dual, Split, Twin Piano
- Pedals: Damper, Soft, Sostenuto
- Piano Sound: SuperNATURAL Piano Sound
- MIDI Format: Standard MIDI Files (Format 0, 1)
- Polyphony (Max): 256 voices
- Tones (Piano): Total 324 Tones
- Master Tuning: 415.3–466.2 Hz (adjustable in increments of 0.1 Hz)
- Transpose: Yes, in semitones
- Effects: Ambience, Brilliance
- Effects (Piano Tones): String Resonance, Damper Resonance, Key Off Resonance, Lid
- Metronome: Adjustable Tempo/Beat/Down beat/Pattern/Volume/Tone
- Save Format: Standard MIDI Files
- Note Storage: 70,000 Notes (Approx)
- Audio File: (WAV: 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format, requires USB Flash Memory)
- Playback: WAV
- Playback Resolution: 44.1 kHz (16-bit Linear Format), MP3: 44.1 kHz, 64 kbps – 320 kbps
- External Storage: Requires USB Flash Memory
- Playable Song Format: Standard MIDI Files, WAV (44.1 kHz – 16 Bit Linear)
- Save Format: Standard MIDI Files
- Internal Songs: Total 377 Songs
- Connectors: DC in jack, Stereo miniature phone type input jack, USB B type computer port, USB A type memory port, Stereo 1/4-inch phone
- Rated Output Power: 12 W x 2
- Speakers: 2 x 12cm
- Other Functions: Speaker volume and Headphones volume automatically select function, Volume limit function, Speaker Auto Mute, Panel Lock, Auto Off
- Includes: Owner’s Manual, Leaflet “USING THE UNIT SAFELY”, AC adaptor, Power cord, Headphone hook
Dimensions (With Dedicated Stand)
- Height: 1,027 mm
- Width: 1,366 mm
- Depth: 463 mm
- Weight: 46.0 kg